For Winter - not only did Colton play on two teams (Grizzlies and Wolves), but then the Wolves played in two leagues. Dimple Dell on Saturdays, and Murray on Monday nights. Brig joined the pack for these two leagues.
Dimple Dell League
- December 2, 2017 ... Wolves vs Bengals
- December 9, 2017 ... Wolves vs SL Sonics
- December 18, 2017 ... Wolves vs Cyprus
- January 6, 2018 ... Wolves vs Corner Canyon *
- January 20, 2018 ... Wolves vs American Fork *
- January 27, 2018 ... Wolves vs NWBA
- February 3, 2018 ... Wolves vs Future (I didn't attend, no video)
- February 24, 2018 ... Wolves vs Utah Dash (Colton didn't attend, no video)
Murray Top Flight League
- January 8, 2018 ... Wolves vs Stars
- January 15, 2018 ... Wolves vs Murray *
- January 22, 2018 ... Wolves vs Stansbury
- February 5, 2018 ... Wolves vs Titans
- February 12, 2018 ... Wolves vs TC Elite
- February 19, 2018 ... Wolves vs A-Team (Colton didn't attend, no video)
- February 26, 2018 ... Wolves vs Warthogs
- March 5, 2018 ... Wolves vs Warthogs
- March 12, 2018 ... Wolves vs All Poly (just didn't get around to making a video)
Colton averages about 10 points a game ... but this season, in both leagues, he had three games in a row where he was on FIRE (* above) with 30+ points! Murray kept a stat sheet and shared totals after the first few games. It was fun to see Colton there at the top for scoring and three-pointers!
These stats were early in the season, but Colton still finished up 2nd for scoring and I think third for 3-pointers. That was even with one game where he didn't score at all (still played a great game, had 11 assists, which is currently Cal's record held at Copper Hills) and then he missed a game ... out with knee issues.
It was there on January 27, playing the girls, when Colton went down hitting his right knee badly. He continued to play that day and in future games, but struggled with pain quite a bit. I ended up running him into the doctor mid-February where he received a double diagnosis of "Jumper's Knee" (an overuse injury, which is what I suspected. Cal had this at about the same age) and bursitis (from the fall. He had a visible bump that hadn't gone away). Remedy? Rest. Some ice and compression too, but mainly rest. Colton was supposed to play in a President's Day tournament that weekend, but we bowed out. He missed several practices and a couple league games. He probably returned to play a bit early for the tournament (win or go home) ... it was just so hard to not play when physically he COULD, he just shouldn't. Then the season ended and he had a few more real weeks to rest.
Practices were Thursdays at a church gym in West Jordan and Fridays at the SLCC gym.
Very grateful for parents willing to chauffer Colton around to help out.