Eric, Stone, Chad, Nana
Keaton, Elijah, Alex
Missing: Conner & #13
Coach: Klint Koontz
Keaton has played the last three seasons with Steve, and enjoyed his time there. They had some 6th graders on the team, so they were going to play up in the 6th grade league. Klint (Callahan's coach) was coaching a 5th grade team and asked if Keaton would like to play with him (and some of the friends from summer). It was a tough decision, but we decided to play with Klint, hoping that there would be fewer scheduling conflicts with practices and games ... it sort of worked, still plenty of conflicts with other (non-Klint) games.
Keaton has been struggling with a bad cough for weeks now, and it has impacted how much he was able to play in the first few games :(
- Game 1 (December 3) Win 21-12. Call this game the STONE show, as Stone was on fire! An easy win ...
- Game 2 (December 10) Win 19-17. There were a lot of missed shots this game, but the boys managed to stay ahead and get the win, although the other team came back a little too close for comfort in the 4th quarter!
- Game 3 (December 17) Win ... I came late so I didn't video (and thus don't have the final score on hand, I think it was fairly close). I wish I had pulled out the video, it was a good game. Dad and Grandpa were there watching too.
- Game 4 (January 7) Win 21-12. Only six players today, so although Keaton is STILL battling his cough and was also recovering from a nasty bout with the stomach flu, he played most of the game and got off a lot of good shots.
- Game 5 (January 14) Win ... not sure of the score as I didn't get to go to this game (so no video either). Thanks to Grandpa for taking Keaton while I took Cooper to his game (Dad was out of town).
- Game 6 (January 21) Win ... not sure of the score, just because I forgot to catch it on video ... I actually think our boys were ahead by a bit, so they turned the score off.
- Game 7 (January 28) Win ... I sent Daddy to this game while I went to Cooper's again (so no video). Daddy said they had to shut the score off again as our team was too far ahead ...
- Game 8 (February 4) The Championship Game ... well, it didn't go as hoped. There were tons of missed shots, bad passes, and the other team seemed intent on fouling Keaton, poor kid ended up on the ground SO many times. Keaton commented that if he'd made all his foul shots, they would have won the game. Final score was 13-24